Public Service Announcement Project
You will be researching a local non-profit organization and creating a Public Service Announcement about it. The purpose of a PSA is to raise awareness about an issue and persuade your audience to take action. You must research your organization and its cause before you create the final product.
Calendar of Events
|Monday, Oct. 31st||choose topic and review website|
|Tuesday, Nov. 1st||Step One: answer essential questions about organization|
|Wednesday, Nov. 2nd||continue research notes on essential questions|
|Monday, Nov. 7th||Step two: begin storyboard|
|Tuesday, Nov. 8th||Step three: begin Power Point|
|Wednesday, Nov. 9th||continue with Power Point|
|Monday, Nov. 14th||Step four: Movie Maker|
|Tuesday, Nov. 15th||continue creating video|
|Wednesday, Nov. 16th||continue creting video|
|Thursday, Nov. 17th||continue creating video and save to inbox|
|Monday, Nov. 21st||present PSA project|
Note: If you need extra time, you need to come in before school, after school, or during guided study. The library is open daily from 7:15 to 3:30.
- I can access information effectively and efficiently.
- I can distinguish between fact and opionion.
- I can use an appropriate graphic organizer to arrange and manage gathered information.
- I can understand the intended audience and the time allotted impact the product and presentation of information.
- I can cite information from a variety of sources including print and non-print sources.
- I can write effectively for a vareity of audiences, purposes, and contexts.
- I can write a persuasive piece of writing.
- I can use effective research practices.
- I can express information in my own words.
- I can cite references for all information used.